We’re always on the lookout for ways to use mint right now. That particular herb would take over the whole garden if we didn’t have it sequestered in its own big pot. And we still see mint volunteers popping up in other beds, completely uninvited. This refreshing, warm weather salad from Mark Bittman is the perfect way to stay cool and use some of your fresh mint.
In a large bowl, add a can of rinsed black beans. Dice a mango, red bell pepper and several scallions and add to the bowl. Mince fresh chile and add. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze a whole lime over it, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Toss with fresh chopped mint.
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed (or a couple cups homemade beans)
- diced mango
- chopped red bell pepper
- 2 or 3 chopped scallions
- minced fresh chile
- olive oil
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper
- chopped fresh mint
- Simply Summer Salad (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Buckwheat Soba Noodle Salad with Summer Vegetables and Prawns (seattlefoodshed.wordpress.com)
- Mint and Cannellini Bean Dip! (mylifein24hours.wordpress.com)
- Watermelon Salad, with Feta, Olives and Fresh Mint (americanchefinlondon.com)